Saturday, March 12, 2011

PSU

Penn State University is pretty well known in the NCAA for its football program but in the past few years they have been getting better and better on the basketball court.  This year has been one of the best for the Nittany Lions mens basketball squad.  They completed a few decently big upsets during the regular season and are now making a run in the Big Ten Championship Tournament.  In the past few days PSU has beaten conference opponents Indiana, Wisconsin, and Michigan State. Tomorrow the team is in the championship game of the tournament against top ranked Ohio State.  It is certainly a big task but I am hoping that Penn State can feed off the momentum from this tournament run and earn the Big Ten Championship and a spot in the NCAA Tournament.

2 comments:

  1. It was a shock that PSU finally made some noise in basketball since they are well known for their football program. Most people I would talk to would make jokes about their men's basketball program but this year they proved a lot of people wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a great season for Penn St hoops. Taylor Battle is one of the best players they have had in a long time. Though I am not a PSU fan I am happy to see their hard work payoff and end their tourney drought.

    ReplyDelete